Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. has announced that Mary Winston, a seasoned executive of the public company that recently joined the Board of Directors of Bed Bath & Beyond, has been appointed as Interim Chief Executive, effective immediately.
Winston is a seasoned executive with extensive expertise in governance across a wide range of industries, serving for many years on large boards of public companies and audit committees.
She has a strong background in all aspects of finance and accounting as well as M&A experience, corporate strategy, corporate governance / compliance, cost restructuring programs and investment.
Among other positions, she worked as
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Family Dollar Stores Inc.
- Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Giant Eagle Inc.
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Scholastic Corporation.
- Vice President and Controller at Visteon Corporation and Vice President
- Global Financial Operations at Pfizer Inc., Pharm.
- She began her career at Arthur Andersen & Co as a CPA and auditor.
Ms. Winston is a fellow governance board member of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD). She currently serves as President of WinsCo Enterprises Inc., a consulting firm of financial and management committee. She has served on Plexus Corp and SuperValu Inc. boards and is currently a member of Acuity Brands, Inc., Domtar Corporation and Dover Corporation boards.
Talking about her educational qualifications she has bagged a number of achievements in that too some of which include
- Bachelor of Accounting degree from the University of Wisconsin
- an MBA in Finance
- Marketing and International Business from the Kellogg Graduate School a
- Northwestern University
- and is a CPA, as well as a NACD Board Leadership Fellow.